Voted Top Brownville Divorce Lawyer
When You Cannot Afford To Lose
Child Custody Expert

Car Accident FAQs

Should I call the police if I'm in a car accident?

Yes, you should call police immediately and file a police report for any type of car accident.

Is it okay to speak with the police and answer questions?

You should definitely cooperate with the police. However, you should not admit fault.

What should I do while I'm waiting for the police to arrive?

Safety and emergency medical care are always top priorities. Assuming that you and the other party are out of harm's way and no one needs emergency medical care, you'll want to exchange insurance information. Make sure to get the name, address, and contact information of the other driver, of any passengers in the other party's car, of the car's registered owner, and of any witnesses along with the vehicle's license number, the other party's driver's license number, and the other party's insurance policy information. If multiple vehicles are involved, you'll need this information for vehicle, driver, and passenger involved.

Should I speak with the other party's insurance company?

Not until you have your car accident attorney's blessing to do so. Do not provide a statement to the other party's insurance company as that statement could be used against you.

Why should I seek medical attention if I feel fine?

You may feel fine now, but you could still be injured or the pain can arrive a few days later. Get checked out immediately after both for peace of mind and to ensure that your injuries are discovered and documented.

Why do I need a car accident attorney? Won't insurance pay?

Car accident attorneys may or may not be necessary depending on the circumstances of the accident. However, in many cases, car accident attorneys are an absolute must. Fortunately, you can find out for sure if your case should be handled by a Brownsville car accident attorney by scheduling a free consultation.